Who we are
Last Updated: July 5, 2019
Personal Information Collected
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Sites. We collect personal information you provide to us. For example, we collect your [name, email address, postal address, phone number, demographics and other information you provide us on our Sites (including information regarding your continuing medical education status)]. If your account was created by your employer or other organization you are affiliated with, they will provide us with the personal information necessary to create your account. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Sites.
When you visit our Sites, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our Sites your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our site are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Sites.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Sites or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Use Of Information We Collect
We use personal information collected through our Sites for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Sites or in connection with our services. For example, we may use your information to:
- operate and improve our Sites, products, and services;
- fulfill your continuing medical education accreditation requirements;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Sites, products, and services;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide and deliver products and services you request;
- send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about new promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by PracticingExcellence and our selected partners;
- link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- protect and investigate fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
PracticingExcellence may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
Sharing Of Personal Data
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- in the event that your account was created by your employer or affiliate organization, with the administrator of your account in an administrative capacity;
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do that work;
- in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company.
We may also share aggregated or deidentified information.
Comments & Other Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
PracticingExcellence takes reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from PracticingExcellence by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences, changes to your information including requests to opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties by emailing email@example.com.
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Site.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
PracticingExcellence may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.