Wow! What a year! It’s been both exciting and exhausting as we continue our fundamental mission of improving care for patients and clinicians alike.
As founder of the Clinician Experience Project, we set out with a vision to help every clinician thrive by building a world-class coaching and development solution to help clinicians connect to patients, collaborate with one another, and lead to bring the best of our teams.
We’ve made great progress, so we’d like to take the last month of the year to both reflect on the year behind us and take a peek into the future.
Take a look at some of the highlights from 2019 that we’re most thrilled about:
Coaching & Development Advancements
- We launched the Clinician Experience Project App that enables progress tracking, certifications, commenting, and sharing of content.
- We have added more than 200 coaching tips to our content library with the additions of emergency medicine, hospital medicine, and leadership skills.
- We have expanded our content faculty to include progressive thought leaders with deep expertise in big healthcare challenges.
Client Partnerships & Collaboration
- We have designed and deployed an inspiring Client Success implementation process that includes roadmapping, goal-setting, and bootcamps using the Clinician Experience Project to achieve organizational goals.
- We launched 10 new health systems as part of the Practicing Excellence community with some of the best care systems in the country committing to help, support, and develop their clinicians and leaders.
- We published in partnership with Northwell Health, a study in the Journal of Quality, demonstrating significant improvement in both patient experience and burnout reduction when clinicians participated in the Clinician Experience Project.
Connection & Community Growth
- We grew to over 20,000 members with health systems across the country.
- We hosted our second annual networking event in Nashville with over 50 health care leaders exchanging ideas who helped each other and fostered new friendships.
- We kicked off our ongoing Monthly Insider e-newsletter that showcases our community’s thought leaders, inspirational content, and frontline collaboration tips.
Though it has been a banner year, 2020 looks to be even more energizing as we continue to grow, develop and innovate to serve you, clinicians, and patients. We’ve spoken to many of you along with our advisory board to help inform and plan steps we can take to support the mission.
Here is a glimpse at our next future state phase:
- We’re architecting the continued publication of coaching content in some of the greatest challenges in healthcare in topics like physician engagement, cultural competence, telehealth, and harm reduction.
- We’re reinforcing our ongoing commitment to Client Success to support partners in developing and spreading the most impactful approaches to drive improvement in leadership, experience, and well-being.
- We’re crafting exciting additions to our app and technology to enhance both the individual and group learning experience.
The Practicing Excellence team is grateful for each and every relationship we have. Some of our most gratifying and rewarding experiences we’ve had this year are thanks to our collaborative partnerships in developing clinicians and leaders to be their best and find joy in work once again.
Here is to 2019. . . and we look forward to 2020!